Job Board Powered by Behance
The Web Data Specialist is responsible for analyzing domestic and international customer website behavior and experience, in order to develop and implement action plans to improve site effectiveness. This role leads the technical set up, data governance and continuous evolution of web data in support of department and company objectives and reporting needs. The Web Data Specialist will define, develop and implement standards, processes and systems to leverage customer data to optimize our websites and increase sales.
• Drives insight from data to identify opportunities to improve site experience and business performance.
• Integrates social, campaign and web data together to improve understanding of trends, customer behavior, traffic from social sources, and campaign tracking in order to develop action plans to improve the effectiveness our site and marketing programs.
• Identifies gaps in the implementation and data capture, documents and presents findings and collaborates with technology teams to proactively identify and address issues.
• Works with teams to install, configure and use web analytics services; stays current on new features and keeps team apprised and trained on core features and enhancements.
• Manages web data tools and systems and documents specifics of the implementation and on-going changes thoroughly and clearly.
• Creates and maintains analytic dashboards and provides consultation to Digital Marketing team and key business partners on appropriate dashboard set up and data definition.
• Provides training and knowledge sharing of web analytics for Marketing, IT, Business Insights and Sales teams.
• Performs quality assurance tests on tracking implementations. Works with technology teams to define requirements and deployment scheduling.
• Collaborates with technology teams to appropriately troubleshoot and resolve site issues and expand data captures.
• Evaluates business goals and objectives from multiple business teams to develop tracking/tagging strategies to allow individuals and teams to measure success.
• Builds, updates and delivers weekly and monthly reports, dashboards and key performance reports using SiteCatalyst and Excel where applicable.
Drive for Results
Creative Thinking Style
Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive experience with Adobe SiteCatalyst required, Google Analytics, and/or WebTrends
• Comfortable presenting findings and communicating suggestions
• Experience with web and e-commerce environments in B2C and B2B
• Experience with multiple websites and report suite management
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with DoubleClick is preferred
• Experience with reporting practices for Email, Social Media and Digital Media tools (ExactTarget, SocialEngage, Radian6, Google Adwords or comparable suites) is preferred
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) highly preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.