Job Board Powered by Behance
The ideal candidate is a problem solver, quick study, self starter, and excellent communicator with a passion for great design and the ability to achieve it. You should possess that rare blend of wire-framing, visual design and prototyping skills with the innate ability to deliver designs on time for our engineering pipeline. From brainstorming through implementation, the UI Designer will work with members of the Product team, as well as our engineering, marketing, and sales teams. They must have a passion for creating designs that are simple, elegant and useful as well as beautiful, approachable and playful. Must also posses a relentless attention to detail and an uncommon eye for aesthetic taste and quality. The UI/UX Designer is a key player in determining the future design direction of SpotOn’s internal Web, external Web, iOS, and Android applications. We are looking for a designer who is ready to, and capable of, taking software design to the next level with a positive impact to a specific user base. This role requires experience in project management navigating the design workload, user studies and on-going enhancements for new and existing applications.
Desired Skills and Experience
- An outstanding body of work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solutions for web and mobile devices.
- Well-versed in fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principles.
- An exceptional eye for pixel-perfect detail.
- Deep understanding of Apple’s iOS design language
- Deep understanding of Google’s Android design language
- Basic HTML5 and CSS experience
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles
- Demonstrable mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Highly organized and motivated with a deep desire to prove themselves within a company of talented individuals.
- Ability to work independently, managing own schedule in fast-paced, multi-project environment.
- Portfolio or dribbble account, demonstrating examples of work
- Salary: $50,000 - $70,000 depending on experience
- Willing to transfer H-1
- Paid relocation expenses
- Downtown location, less than 5 minutes from several sources of public transit
- Flexible hours in a fun, relaxed, work environment.
- Rapidly growing in a market with tons of room to grow
- Free espresso, soda, coffee, and snacks