Job Board Powered by Behance
Product Design Head
Exciting opportunity: Product Design Head
Orvi Design Studio is based in Jaipur (India) and is known for its innovative range of tiles for flooring and walls using stones, metals, glass etc. and exporting its products to many countries around the world.
At Orvi we believe that India has a rich heritage of traditional craftsmanship which when combined with western aesthetics can result in an exciting and innovative rage of surfaces. As the Design Head, you will be responsible for researching various techniques available and will be the key person behind translating brilliant ideas into stunning products.
- The role entails travelling to various parts of India / abroad from time to time to learn and be inspired by relevant techniques and to attend related trade shows.
- Regularly brainstorming for ideas, with a focus on technique, visualizing them and providing adequate direction to the team to produce the final concepts.
- Find and develop a base of talented designers and technicians for product streams like metal, ceramics, glass etc.
- Oversee the sample development process by liaising with design and production to ensure smooth transition from sampling to actual production.
- Help in setting up of a photo studio to take stunning visuals of the products developed.
- Mentoring and developing a design team working under you.
- Establishing a library of books and material to help the creative process.
You are the candidate if:
- You have a creative flair and can come up with refreshing techniques and design concepts where craft, design and technology interface.
- You have fluency in a variety of design software including Adobe Creative Suite and a relevant 3d package plus have strong sketching skills.
- You are highly organized and are able to work on multiple product development simultaneously.
- You have an eye for detail and can deliver products of highest standards.
- You have a related creative degree plus a min of 8+ years prior working experience in the field of product development and have an exciting portfolio to back it up.
If you feel you are the right candidate and want to be a part of this exciting opportunity, please send your portfolio along with your resume at email@example.com.