Job Board Powered by Behance
We are looking for a Designer to join our Retail team and be a key member of our growing design studio. Our Retail arm develops and launches new retail concepts, pop-up shops and brand experiences for major brands and retailers.
The Designer will have day to day responsibility for the creation and development of retail design, from conception to implementation. Sketching and scamping is critical for the design development, as is the ability to produce impactful 3D visualizations and renders for client presentations and pitches.
Our design work spans creative and conceptual development, space and consumer journey planning, design development and exploration, 3D modelling and rendering, technical development. Working with the Design and Production Manager, you will ensure the finished product matches the creative vision,
The ideal candidate will have a background in retail or interior design with minimum five years experience working on branded environments. They will be comfortable working across a spectrum of spaces, from stand alone retail concepts, pop up shops, exhibitions, kiosks, concessions, in store POS, mid-mall.
Our current client list includes Magnum, Lipton, Mattel, Werther’s, Heinz, University of Cambridge, Danone.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Conceptual development – sketches, scamps and design development
- Lead source of visual stimulus for creative exploration
- Provide insightful, creative, visual input and development throughout the process
- Produce Layouts and Spatial Planning
- 3D Modelling and rendering
- Interiors Materials and Moodboards
- Technical and detail design development
- Working with design and production team to produce designs efficiently and cost effectively, and deliver production ready designs
What We Are Looking For:
- A creative, visual mind that can interact with all parts of the business and engage with projects throughout the lifecycle
- An ambitious person looking to learn and grow and take a leadership role in our studio
- Talent, insight and creative curiosity
- Organization and project management skills
- Ability to interact with, communicate effectively and deepen client relationships
- A visual thinker who can convey nuanced ideas through images
- A keen eye for interiors, layouts and aesthetics
- Understanding of branded worlds
- Adobe CS
- 3D package a must (Vectorworks, SketchUp or similar)
- CAD is a bonus
- Someone who enjoys and thrives working in a small team
- Self-starter who is comfortable taking on responsibility and learning on the fly
- Attention to detail
- Fun, energetic, and lively
Who We Are:
Hot Pickle is a retail and brand licensing agency. Our client list ranges from major multi-nationals to private independents spanning consumer goods, fashion, food and confectionery, restaurants and education.
The Retail arm of our business develops, creates and produces new retail ventures on behalf of our clients. Our services include everything from early stage creative and conceptual development through to operational planning and management.
The Licensing arm of our business creates and develops brand licensing programs on behalf of our clients. From food to apparel to kitchenware to artwork, we develop, manage and implement wide ranging product strategies.
The basis for all our work is solid brand understanding, creativity, strategic and commercial thinking and fun.
We are a small, young, entrepreneurial team. We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. Founded in 2009 we are growing quickly with a number of exciting projects in development. This is an opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment, and help create the kind of company you want to be a part of.
- Full time role
- Salary subject to experience
- 20 days holiday (plus extra at Christmas) rising to 25
- Free Haircut on your birthday
- Free fruit, tea and coffee in the office
- Office closes at 3pm on Fridays
- Based in our Farringdon offices, with frequent travel to client offices or site visits.