We’re looking for a lead visual designer to join our budding product team and help shape the design and direction of our consumer product offerings. In this role, you'll be involved in almost all aspects of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has a passion for building amazing products and has demonstrated the ability to deliver delightful user experiences, through stunning visual designs.
- Concept and deliver the visual language of Slice
- Develop pixel perfect Photoshop comps
- Work closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to incorporate your visual designs into the product and live to our users
- Create and advance style guides across mediums
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating excellent use of typography, color, imagery, and information architecture
- Experience designing for mobile devices
- Ability to support both user and business goals in designs
- Full knowledge of Adobe CS
- Information design skills
- Comfort working in a fast-moving, agile development environment
- BFA/MFA or equivalent industry experience
- Background in interaction design (big bonus)
- Experience in user testing and research
- Infographic and chart/graph design
- Background in building advertising creatives, particularly on mobile
- Icon design
- You like to shop online
- Stock options
- Partial reimbursement for any purchase made online
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
Who we are:
Founded by proven entrepreneurs out of Stanford, Slice is a consumer internet company based in downtown Palo Alto that is venture backed by Lightspeed, DCM, Eric Schmidt and other top Valley investors.
We're a bright and talented team that's chock-full of consumer internet experience with a passion for delighting our users through amazing product experiences and thoughtful customer service.
Oh and we LOVE to have fun!
What we do:
Slice is solving a very big and important problem: we're changing the way that people interact with the stuff they buy AFTER they buy it. And we're doing this by tackling it at the source of where people get their electronic receipts: the email inbox.
We're using email data to create fun and useful consumer applications and experiences. Our popular flagship app for iOS and Android provides an easy way for consumers to manage & track all of their purchases and even save money with price drop alerts.
Why we're cool:
Well our users certainly think we are (check out the reviews on the app stores). But the media love us as well!
We've been named one of 7 "Startups to Watch" by Inc. Magazine, and to Entrepreneur Magazine's list of 100 Brilliant Companies.
We've also gotten tons of shoutouts from the press and media such as the NBC's Today Show, Real Simple, CNN, and Lifehacker just to name a few.